25.8.09

Who wants to kiss the frog?


The following picture might not be suitable for everyone; viewer discretion is advised. Since you've been warned, heart attacks and spewing cannot be blamed on this website.

Also, copyrights exist. If this photograph is found on your website -- without a link to my website -- you're gonna be in trouble. :)







Will you eat that? That's just one of the things I tried and nearly tried on our trip to Laos- Vietnam-Cambodia. Click on album link to see more.

For the record, those frogs ie. once alive frogs, were headless and skinless but were STILL JUMPING in the bowl. They were alive... Does it enhance their taste?

Also if any of you -- especially the meat-eaters -- go "Oh how cruel" when you see/saw the frog picture, please remember that goat, sheep, fish, cows, pigs etc ALL must feel the pain.

For those who eat lamb/goat/beef but frown at others who eat dogs, cats and horses, I have a question: Do you think it's hypocritical that we choose to pet some animals while we eat the others? Or look down upon those who might eat everything?

Stuffing my face from Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia

4 comments:

Jabberwock said...

Do you think it's hypocritical that we choose to pet some animals while we eat the others?

Answer: yes, of course. Hypocrisy is the natural condition of our species. Much as I'd like to, I can't find a way to morally rationalise the fact that I'm a hard-core non-vegetarian even though I have a higher regard for cats and dogs than for most human beings. (For the same reason, I can't judge people who do eat cats and dogs.) Might become a vegetarian some distant day, though it will probably be more for health reasons than any desire to do the "right" thing.

taurius1 said...

Hmmm.... I've only ever had frog legs once. That was fun enough. :)
My philosophy about food is, if it tastes good, i eat. :) can't really say i have ever felt squeamish about my food. I've seen it prepared right from the time the animal's pulled out of the cage. Besides, if we don't eat those animals, they'll eat all the trees away!!
Save the Earth! Eat more meat! :D

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

I love my meat, but I hate those pics.

And no, I don't frown upon, but I do go 'Ewwww! Gross!' in my mind. After all, to each his own, I say.

Except cannabalism. I do make an exception there and frown upon it. I frown upon it greatly.

Jabberwock said...

On the other hand, at least 99.5 percent of the human population badly needs to be eaten. They probably won't taste good, but someone has to do it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...